Monday, June 8, 2009

Motivation.

The topic that I chose to write the essay is motivation. Pretty obvious considering the tittle of this post.

I will try to demostrate how important is motivation in our education system, or maybe how important it should be, because as I've seen in my labour experience and even more in my personal experience as a student, I think motivation is something very important and fundamental to catch pupils attention. So I think it's a tool that can be used for or against teacher's purpose.

I think that we us teachers or future teachers in our specific case have to be aware of the things that students like in order to make them relate their tastes and lives with every subject we teach, because I think that's the only way a person can really learn something, when people just do things because they're are told to do it they are not going to learn a thing, so that's called reproduction not concrete learning. Therefore teachers have to be able to motivate their students, how? we have to try to make a balance between learning time and fun time, and it's perfectly possible, so that's our challenge.

I hope my essay has a good result, because right now I'm not very clear of what I'm gonna say, but basically that's it. I have to make up my mind though.

No comments: